At GGC, Girl Greatness Starts Here truly starts with the girl. And, next spring, we’re putting girls front and centre in a big way. In April 2017, we’re bringing together 150 girls age 16* - 17/18 (under age of majority in province of residence)** from across Canada to downtown Toronto for a new national event that will be unlike anything we’ve done before.
Ignite. Inspire. Innovate. will be entirely focused on girls like you! It’s an event where girls can discuss the issues that truly matter to them and share what they want from Guiding and from the world. Participants will be energized and feel part of “something bigger” through Guiding as they are engaged to share their thoughts, ideas and opinions.
Ignite. Inspire. Innovate. will take place Friday, April 21 to Sunday, April 23, 2017 in Toronto. Our goal is to get participants excited about the collective power of GGC as a hub of innovation for girls and for us to understand the world they want for girls!
Event participants will:
- Participate in fun, engaging, and interactive activities and sessions
- Share their creative ideas about the issues that matter to girls and what they want from Guiding
- Spend a weekend in Toronto connecting with other girls and young women
- Is interested in Girl Guide programs, activities, and initiatives for girl members
- Identifies as a girl and is aged 16+ by December 31, 2017 (both GGC members and non-members)
- Wants to develop skills in creative thinking, communications, or leadership
- Enjoys sharing their energy, enthusiasm, and ideas with others
- Is excited about Guiding as a hub of innovation for girls
Girl Guides of Canada will cover the cost of travel, accommodation and event participation if you are selected to attend.
Application deadline: Monday, December 5, 2016 by 11pm EST.
For more information about GGC, please visit www.girlguides.ca
*Age 16 by December 31, 2017
**Applicants must be under the age of majority at the time of the event: the age of majority is 18 in Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and Saskatchewan; 19 in British Columbia, Newfoundland & Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, and Yukon.
For any questions pertaining to this application, please contact: Sasha Elford (elfords@GirlGuides.ca).